RPO or Recruitment Process Outsourcing is a specialized form of Business Process Outsourcing in the HR domain where the Recruitment process is outsourced to an external provider.
Isn’t recruitment an inherent part of the HR function? Well, it is, and that is the reason this needs special attention and must be dealt with extra care by the specialists. The business growth depends on the people after all.
Recruitment Process Outsourcing is a smart and efficient way of managing talent. However, Recruitment Outsourcing process is not the same as that of staffing or supplying talent to any organization. It is more than that. Any Recruitment Process Outsourcing company will take ownership of the end to end process and methodology of recruitment, unlike the staffing companies who just do the fieldwork of finding talent and arrange the interviews. Recruitment Outsourcing is a robust process and takes care of all the aspects of Human Resource from talent searching till on-boarding, engagement and training and is customizable according to the requirements of organizations including assisting an Organization to start in a new region by identifying the most productive ground.
This is not maturing in the Indian job market as majority of the organizations have beginning to realize the importance of focusing on the core and leaving the experts to manage the people, so now outsource their recruitment process to the specialists. Recruitment process outsourcing in India has come a long way in the last few years with the growing talent market that is becoming complex by the day with technological disruption ruling the new job roles.
RPO not only saves companies time for concentrating on more relevant tasks but makes talent management much more streamlined and hassle free. Also Partnering with MNC like ManpowerGroup and other RPO companies gives the Organization an exposure to the worldwide best practices without having to going through the process of the learning curve.
However, companies who are reaching out to the Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) specialists, must consider certain elements to have a better understanding of how to evaluate the pros and cons of this service.
Few questions to be asked
- Outsourcing recruitment MUST not lead to giving up the basic HR skills and expertise any organization must have. Evaluate before outsourcing the recruitment process.
- Is there a logical rationale to appoint a RPO service provider and does it align with the organization’s business strategy?
- How much cost cutting will you achieve?
- Will outsourcing the recruitment process create a clash in the company/organization culture?
- In this current career climate when requirements are volatile and short-lived and niche, recruitment process outsourcing MUST be done considering flexibility in the business model that will match the changing talent needs and availability.
- Which aspect of the HR portfolio is the expertise you seek from your Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) Partners?